green news, trends and environmental action

3 Dogs Sick After Eating Rat Poison Meatballs

By Sebastian Murdock

One of the poisoned meatballs found by Boulder dog-owners

At least three dogs in Colorado had to be rushed to a veterinarian after ingesting what authorities say were meatballs laced with rat poison.

The Boulder County Sheriff’s Office was first notified April 14 of the poisonous meat littering a park that dogs frequent, the Daily Camera reported.

Uli Bromme, who owns a six-month-old golden retriever named Amos, told the publication that her dog ate one meatball before Bromme was able to snatch up another.

“Everyone in this neighborhood is shocked,” Bromme told The Daily Camera.

At the vet, Amos was given an …read more

Source: Huffington Post Green