Petco Sued After Child Dies From Infected Rat

By David Moye

SAN DIEGO (AP) — A San Diego family is suing Petco after the death of their 10-year-old son from a bacterial infection they say he contracted from his pet rat.

Attorney John Gomez told The Associated Press on Tuesday that his firm filed the lawsuit Monday in San Diego County seeking an unspecified amount for the suffering endured by the Pankey family, whose son, Aidan, died June 12, 2013, hours after he was rushed to the hospital with severe stomach pains. The San Diego County Medical Examiner’s Office ruled that the cause of death was streptobacillus moniliformis infection, commonly known as …read more

Source: Huffington Post Green

    

Comments are closed